FORT MYERS, Fla. (May 13, 2020) – Two COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites will open Friday, May 15, in Fort Myers. The testing sites will be in the parking lots of the Walmart stores located at 4770 Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers and at 545 Pine Island Road in North Fort Myers.
These will be the second and third testing sites in Southwest Florida supported by Walmart, Quest Diagnostics and state and local officials. The sites will test adults who meet CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms. Please note, testing is not available inside Walmart stores, and does not include testing for COVID-19 antibodies.
“Walmart is proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Southwest Florida with the opening of these new additional sites,” said Michelle Belaire, Walmart Public Affairs Senior Director for Florida. “We are grateful to our associates who keep our stores running, our pharmacists who support these testing sites, and to Quest Diagnostics and local officials as we work together to open the sites and help our community.”
Details regarding the testing sites:
• The sites are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
• Testing is for adults who meet CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms.
• Individuals must be 18 years and older.
• The testing site will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal and app, www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com, which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals that meet medical eligibility for the testing sites.
• Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
• The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
• Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
• Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
• The site will be staffed by Walmart pharmacists and associates.
• While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
These testing sites are in addition to the testing site in Southwest Florida supported by Walmart and Quest that opened earlier this month at 2523 Lee Blvd. in Lehigh Acres.
For everyone’s safety and for the privacy of those being tested, media should not attempt to enter the testing site.
For media questions, please contact Stephanie Schaffer at 239-321-7057 or via email email@example.com.