About the Course
The Fort Myers Country Club Golf Course is located on historic palm tree lined McGregor Boulevard in the City of Fort Myers. Endearingly named “The Fort” by local residents, the beloved course opened for play in 1917. Designed in 1916 by the great Donald Ross, it is one of the oldest golf facilities on the west coast of Florida. Located only one mile south of the Edison/Ford Winter Estates, Mr. Edison and Mr. Ford frequently played the course during the 1920’s.
Tee Time Reservations
Tee time reservations can be made online up to 7 days in advance or via telephone 1 day in advance. Online reservations can be made by clicking here. There is a $2.50 booking fee per player. Telephone reservations can be made by calling 239-321-7488. Phone lines open at 8:00 a.m.
In 2014, The City of Fort Myers embraced renovation of the nearly 100 year old, 100 acre municipal golf course. The course closed for six months for extensive renovation, re-opening on October 31, 2014. Golf architect Steve Smyers transformed the course during the $5.8 million project with elevated bunkers and greens. The course received extensive modernization to drainage, turf quality, pro shop and bathroom renovations and operational efficiency. Six new water hazards in the form of filter marshes and lakes were added.
Renovation of the Fort Myers Country Club was designed and constructed to provide increased accessibility for players with disabilities. The new design allows all players to access routes to teeing grounds, putting greens, teeing stations, cart rental areas, bag drop areas and golf course restrooms. The “Fort” also provides an accessible cart for players that require such accommodations.
Fort Myers Country Club changed during the renovation from a par 71 to 70 for the men and 72 to 71 for the ladies.
Fort Myers Country Club does not have a driving range. If looking for a driving range, please visit our other City owned golf course; Eastwood Golf Course.