To promote ethical, efficient, effective, transparent, and fully accountable government service provision to the citizens of the City of Fort Myers (the "City").
Internal Audit will report project results that
- Enable management to make judgments about priorities, resource allocation, and competing goals.
- Provide the Audit Committee with governance, risk, and compliance information necessary to perform the oversight role documented in its charter.
- Adhere to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the City of Fort Myers' operations.
- Perform services in collaboration with management to prioritize the mitigation of root causes for vulnerabilities in the internal control environment (people, processes, technology, and culture) that may impact the ability of the City to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Internal Audit's mission is accomplished through a strategy and annual planning methodology, which:
- Delivers both continuous and periodic deliverables linked to the Audit Committee goals
- Uses a risk-based approach to match budget resources with a universe of potential audit subjects
- Considers the maturity of the City's Enterprise Risk Management program and supports management's progress in strengthening risk management processes to appropriately identify and manage risk