The City of Fort Myers has funds available through the State of Florida’s SHIP 2019 - COVID- 19 Disaster Assistance Grant to help individuals and families needing rental assistance due to the impact of COVID-19. Residents can apply through the City of Fort Myers Community Development Housing Division’s Neighborly Software Portal on January 30, beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Client must reside in City of Fort Myers municipal boundaries before the date of application.
- Client must demonstrate loss of income unexpected financial crisis due to COVID-19.
- If the client has household income less than 80 percent of median income for Lee County (see chart below) and has documented job loss or reduced hours and income is less, due to COVID-19, they are presumed to be eligible.
- Assistance is limited to one-time per household and assistance cannot exceed $2,250.
- Payments will be made directly to landlord.
- Annual household income, at the time of application must be below the income limit. Income limits vary by household size (see chart below).
Income limits by household size
|Number in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Annual Household Income||$45,050||$51,450||$57,900||$64,300||$69,450||$74,600||$79,750||$84,900|
Households are receiving housing and/or utility assistance from other programs are not eligible for emergency rental assistance for overlapping months.
Please apply for Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance here:
For additional information, please contact the City of Fort Myers, Housing Division at 239-321-7970.