City of Fort Myers Community Redevelopment Agency Microenterprise Emergency Loan Program
Since the pandemic first began, COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on the Fort Myers small business community. Recognizing the need to provide temporary assistance to the small businesses located within the Cleveland Avenue, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. and Downtown redevelopment areas, the Fort Myers CRA created this Loan Program. It operates on a first-come, first-served basis intended to provide much-needed assistance to a limited number of businesses meeting the eligibility criteria.
Apply now for a small business recovery forgivable loan up to $10,000. These loans are designed to aid businesses with eligible expenses during the unprecedented times of COVID-19.
Eligible Use of Proceeds
- Operating capital for staff salaries, leasing space, and utilities.
- Purchasing inventory, supplies, computer programs related to business (i.e., design, accounting, and inventory control) or furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Rehabilitation of owner-occupied or leased space (tenant improvements), including engineering, architectural, and local permits or fees.
- Equipment purchases (with or without installation costs).
- Marketing materials and advertising, including website development and servicing.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Set up for online delivery system equipment.
- Business must have been in existence for at least two (2) years.
- Business must have a minimum of two (2) employees (one of which may be the business owner) and may not have more than 10 employees, including the owner.
- Business must be located within the Cleveland Avenue, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., or Downtown redevelopment areas of the City of Fort Myers.
- Business must be current with all city, county, state, and federal financial obligations, including taxes.
- Business must be able to show a demonstrable loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Business owner must be open to the option of working one-on-one with a business counselor.
Leigh Scrabis, Program Manager
Catalyst Community Capital, Inc.
Renee Turbeville, Redevelopment Specialist
Fort Myers CRA
Community Redevelopment AgencyPhysical Address
1400 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Cheryl V. Thornton
Community Redevelopment Specialist
Natalie S. Dunham
Advertising & Promotions Manager
Sr. Administrative Assistant