Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance Program
(Applications open March 1, 2021)
The City of Fort Myers will pay up to six months of past due rent and utilities and up to three months of future payments. This includes past due, currently due, and prospective payments -and cannot exceed a total of 12 months.
If you need additional assistance after the first past due and three months of future payments are made - you must recertify by providing updated documentation.
Applications will open 8 a.m. Monday, March 1, 2021
- The home must be located within in the City of Fort Myers.
- Renters facing homelessness or are unable to pay rent and/or utilities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible for assistance. You must be able to demonstrate the impact of COVID-19 on your finances.
- Assistance is available to households with incomes at or below 80 percent of the area median (below).
Income limits by household size
|Number in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Annual Household Income||$38,600||$44,100||$49,600||$55,100||$59,500||$63,950||$68,350||$72,750|
- Priority consideration will be given to households that fall under one or both of the following:
- Household income below 50% of Area Median Income.
- One or more people in the household are unemployed and have not been employed for the last 90 days prior to application.
Households are receiving housing and/or utility assistance from other programs are not eligible for emergency rental assistance for overlapping months.
To apply for Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance please go here.
For additional information, please contact the City of Fort Myers, Housing Division at 239-321-7970.
Funding is part of the U.S. Department of Treasury Emergency Rental Assistance program established by section 501 of Division N of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021.