- 1 p.m.
- 2nd Thursday of each month
- Oscar M. Corbin, Jr. City Hall
2200 Second St.
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
All agenda, minutes, and other related materials will be accessible when available.
The Code Enforcement shall consist of 7 members and 2 alternate members who shall serve for a term of three years. The members shall serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for travel, mileage, and per diem expense as may be authorized by the City Council.
Members of the board shall be residents of the city. Appointments shall be made in accordance with Florida Statutes and on the basis of experience or interest in the field of zoning or building control. The membership shall, whenever possible, consist of a(n):
- Business person
- General contractor
The Code Enforcement Board members shall be sworn in by the city clerk to perform the duties of office. The duties of the board are as follows:
- Adopt rules of conduct for its hearings
- Subpoena alleged violators and witnesses to its hearings
- Subpoena evidence to its hearings
- Take testimony under oath
- Issue orders having the force of law and detailing requirements to be complied with.