- Parks & Recreation
- Programs, Classes & Lessons
- Indoor Soccer
- Adult Soccer Rules & Procedures
Adult Soccer Rules & Procedures
Indoor Soccer League Rules
The City of Fort Myers and Fort Myers Skatium staff hold the right to change and or modify rules as necessary.
- League will use a size 5 soccer ball provide by Skatium.
- All games will consist of 2, 24-minute halves.
- Running clock will apply in all games.
- A 4-minute halftime will be given.
- Games will consist of 6 players on the field. goalkeeper Included.
- Teams may play with minimum of 4 players.
- Each team will have 2, 30-second timeouts per game. The team requesting a timeout must have possession and be a dead ball.
- Teams may pass back to goalie, but goalie may not use hands on pass backs.
- Players may freely substitute during game, however, players must be 10 feet from bench to sub out.
- No slide tackling is allowed.
Coed leagues must have minimum of 2 players of the opposite gender at all times.
- Overtime will only be used in playoffs only, all regular season games will end in ties.
- Overtime will run 2, 5-minute halves.
- 5 players will play in a penalty shootout will be used if extra time ends in a draw.
Out of Bounds
- Any ball that goes above the rink boards and hits the net or ceiling will be a dead ball. Opposing team will be given an indirect free kick. Spot of the ball will be determined by official.
- Any ball that is kicked out of play by the defense behind their goal will result in a corner kick. Ball will be placed within 4 feet of red marking in corner of the rink. Defensive player must give offense adequate clearance to kick at the official's discretion.
Red, Yellow & Blue Cards
- All red cards will result in an automatic ejection from game and the team will play down.
- All players who receive a red card will face possible game suspensions.
- All yellow cards will result in a team playing down a player for a full 4 minutes, the player who receives the card must sit out for the 4 minutes.
- All blue cards will result in a team playing down a player for a full 2 minutes, the player who receives the card must sit out for the 2 minutes.
- Any player that leaves the bench during an altercation will receive a red card.
Rosters & Players
- All players must have filled out a league registration form and be at least 18 years old.
- Teams must have a minimum of an 8 active players on their roster.
- All substitute players must be pre-approved by League Administrator. No substitutes for playoffs.
- Any player with an outstanding debt after 3 games will be removed from league.
- Jewelry and other accessories are prohibited.
- Players must have played in 4 regular season games to participate in playoffs.
- Rosters may not exceed 15 active players
- All players must have matching jerseys or shirts (no tank tops).
- All players must check in on the league sign in sheet before each game.
- No spectators, children, or friends maybe on players benches at anytime.