About the Collection ServiceYard waste collection is part of your residential service. Yard waste includes all of the green growing debris you dispose of such as grass clippings, leaves, branches, trimmings, palm fronds, pine needles and fallen fruit. These items are recyclable and must be collected separate from other waste for proper recycling.
- You may pile larger pieces like branches and palm fronds no more than 4 feet from the edge of the pavement.
- By City Ordinance, the pieces should be no longer than 4 feet in length and no larger than 4 inches in diameter, except palm fronds.
- Yard waste is collected once per week.
- The city collects piles 10 cubic yards or less in size as part of your weekly service.
- Larger piles are assessed an additional fee.
- Small items such as, leaves, grass clippings, or pine needles should be placed in recyclable paper bags. For an additional fee of $2.75, a yard waste cart can be provided.
- Please separate yard waste from other waste that is set out for disposal.
- Please do not include landscaping wood or stone or any other material with your horticultural debris.
- Please do not put this material out more than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled collection date.
- Should there be a problem with the collection of your horticultural debris, the driver will leave a tag hanging on the door acknowledging the problem. If your yard waste is not collected, please check for a door tag. If you do not receive a door hanger, please contact the Solid Waste Division at 239-321-8050.