Employee relations is a key aspect of organizational efficiency and productivity. By working together, we achieve goals for the City of Fort Myers. By helping manager development and employee performance, employee relations can make recommendations to leadership to ensure appropriate and consistent treatment of all employees. We monitor employee relation trends, conduct sensitive investigations and identify any violations of City policies and procedures. Our goal is to create and maintain professional relationships within all work areas and departments in the City of Fort Myers.
The City of Fort Myers Human Resources has a strong relationship with our Union work force. HR serves as a liaison between employees and the employer to work through any problems that may arise. We are well-versed with the Union contract negotiation process to assist City management and our excellent work force to come together for good faith agreements to conduct the work for our citizens. Labor relations in HR help to:
- Develop labor policies
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Manage grievance procedures
- Oversee dispute resolutions involving Union and non-union employee and management relations
- Develop and revise union contracts
- Lead labor management meetings
- Help prepare contract and maintain all labor contracts for the City of Fort Myers.
In the City of Fort Myers Human Resources Department, employees are our focus and purpose.