Step Up To Work
The City of Fort Myers Step Up to Work program gives local School students from the ages of 14-18 the opportunity to work in various City departments to gain valuable work experience and learn how City department’s function.
All interested students must apply online for employment by clicking on the job title “student aide” and clicking on the “apply” link! Please be sure to follow the instructions when setting up an account as a first-time user. If you need assistance, please contact our office at (239) 321-7066.
The City of Fort Myers will offer jobs to a limited number of students through the summer student aide, Step Up to Work program. The program will run for approximately 7 weeks, from June 8, 2023 to July 27, 2023. Students will be placed in various city departments, work approximately 32 hours a week, and earn $12.00 per hour. This program will include an employability skills workshop and mentoring by city staff.
To qualify for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of and live within the city limits of the City of Fort Myers. To verify your address is within city limits, please visit our online resource Am I In the City and enter your address including both the street and city in the search field located in the upper right hand corner. The address will be displayed on the map in a location box. You will then click outside the box and a message will be displayed indicating whether the address is within the limits of the City of Fort Myers.
- Must be 14–18 years of age at the time of application and currently enrolled in school.
You will need to provide the following documents at the time of application to be considered for employment:
- A copy of your birth certificate as proof of age
- Signed parental consent form for pre-employment drug testing, criminal background checks, and travel form (form provided online when you begin the application process)
- City of Fort Myers residency verification form
- Proof of school enrollment
The City of Fort Myers will be holding several job fairs in which you have the opportunity to participate in same day interviews.
You may bring your completed documents with you at this time, if you have not already submitted them.
Please see dates, times, and locations listed below:
- Thursday, April 6th - 6p-9p Police Athletic League / 3280 Marion Street/Shady Oaks
- Wednesday, April 12th - 6p-9p STARS / 2980 Edison Avenue
- Saturday, April 22nd - 9a-12p FIRE Station / 2033 Jackson Street
These forms can be scanned and attached to the application, faxed to (239) 226-0355, emailed to email@example.com or hand delivered to human resources at:
The City of Fort Myers
Human Resources Department
1820 Hendry Street
Fort Myers, FL. 33901
All required forms must be submitted prior to the closing date for this job in order to be considered.