Risk Management & Safety
Risk Management maintains the City’s insurance and workers’ compensation funds, administers all liability and workers compensation claims, recommends and procures supplemental insurance policies, reviews contractual indemnity insurance and bond clauses and oversees the City’s Safety Program.
Risk Management creates a comprehensive approach to anticipate, identify, prioritize, manage and monitor the risks impacting our organization. Risk Management puts in place the policies, common processes, competencies, accountabilities, reporting and enabling technology to execute that approach successfully.
Risk Management serves as a resource for the health, safety and well-being of the City of Fort Myers employees by managing risks and reducing the frequency, severity and associated cost of claims, through continuous education, participation and communication.
Risk Management services are dedicated to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our citizens, visitors, and employees through a variety of programs and services including:
- Administers self-insurance programs and insured policies for workers’ compensation, general liability, automobile liability, and property damage claims
- Reviews insurance requirements for agreements, contracts, events and the use of city facilities
- Reviews submittals for major capital projects and other agreements as requested
- Coordinates coverage programs for general, professional, vehicle, and travel liability as well as real property, equipment and special events.
- Administers the Workers’ Compensation Program: Workplace Injury Prevention and Reporting
Please feel free to contact us.