Paint & Signage
A matching grant for exterior painting and improvements for residential & commercial buildings. Work follows corridor design guidelines.
The Paint & Improvement Matching Grant Program was introduced in the Cleveland & MLK redevelopment area
Residential Paint and Home Improvement Program
The Fort Myers CRA Home Improvement Matching Grant program is available to homeowners located in the Franklin/Carver area of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Junior Boulevard (MLK) redevelopment area. This program is designed to help homeowners improve their property's appearance. In July 2019 in the Franklin Park area, 82 notifications via post cards and flyers were sent out to the residents about the program and we are currently we are responding to the residents inquiries.
Details about what improvements are qualified for the Residential Paint and Home Improvement program, as well as the step-by-step process on how to apply, are available on this flyer:
To apply for the Residential Paint and Home Improvement grant, please call Frank Amati at the Fort Myers CRA office at 239-321-7100.
Commercial Property Matching Grant Program
The goal is to expand the program in other redevelopment areas as well.
- Matching grant for commercial properties in Cleveland Avenue redevelopment areas
- Maximum potential grant available for a project is 50% of the total project cost, with a maximum award of $25,000
- Retail, commercial, mixed-use, multi-family, and medical office properties are preferred
- Funds can be used for:
- Painting building exterior
- Exterior signs: either one freestanding ground sign OR one pole sign
Community Redevelopment AgencyPhysical Address
1400 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Cheryl V. Thornton
Natalie S. Dunham
Marketing & Promotions Manager
Sr. Administrative Assistant