Teresa Watkins Brown is a native of Fort Myers. She graduated from Cypress Lake High School in 1975. Teresa graduated in 1998 with a Bachelor’s degree in Professional Business Studies from Barry University at the Lee/Collier Campus and a Master’s degree in 1999, in Human Resources Development and Administration from Barry University.
She worked in Telecommunications with United Telephone of Florida, Sprint, and Embarq (current name CenturyLink). She worked in various departments:
- Community Liaison
- Customer Service
- Final Bills
- Public Access
- Public Affairs Coordinator for the South Region for 15 years
- Revenue Accounting
- Special Services
She retired September 14, 2010 with 35 years of service.
She is on the Board of Directors, Resolutions Committee, and Urban Administration Policy Committee for the Florida League of Cities. She is the President of the Southwest Florida League of Cities. She is a member of the National and Florida Black Caucus of Elected Officials and serves as Assistant Secretary of the Florida Group. She has served as Mayor Pro-Tem for the City of Fort Myers, and the Past Chairperson of the City of Fort Myers Community Redevelopment Agency. She is a Past Professor for Berean Christian College and Seminary and she has an Associate Degree in Biblical Studies and a Certificate in Biblical Studies.
Her community involvement has been very extensive. She currently still serves with the following organizations:
- Boys and Girls Club of Lee County
- Delta Life Development Center
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Democratic Party
- Edison Festival of Light, Inc.
- Precinct Clerk
- Zion Hope Missionary Baptist Church
- The Source of Light and Hope
- United Way Allocations Team Leader
- Uplift Life Foundation
City of Fort Myers Planning Board for 8 years
- Term in Office: Elected in 2009 for a 4-year term.
- Re-elected in 2013 to serve another 4 year term.
- Teresa loves working with people and look forward to serving the citizens of Fort Myers and the Ward 1 community.
- Councilwoman Watkins-Brown has 1 daughter Alison.
Ward 1 Neighborhood Watch Meetings
- Barden Street Sub-division-Third Tuesday at 5:30PM Location: Delta Life Development Center 3142 Michigan Ave
- Brookhill-Fourth Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM Location: 3061 E. Riverside
- Renaissance Preserve Family-Second Tuesday of each month at 5:00PM Location: 4221 Othello Ln
- Renaissance Preserve Senior -Second Tuesday of each month at 2:00 PM Location: 4221 Othello Ln
- Poinsettia Park -Second Thursday of each month at 2:00 PM Location: Poinsettia Park Club house
- Seminole Gardens-TBA