Randall “Randy” Henderson, Jr., Mayor of the City of Fort Myers in Lee County, has been a resident of Fort Myers for 40 years. He was born and raised in North Carolina where he graduated from Mars Hill College in 1979 with a bachelor’s of science in business administration. Henderson began his career in Fort Myers in banking. He is the CEO of Corbin Henderson Company, a real estate firm, serving since 1986.
Mayor Henderson began his third mayoral term November 2017. Prior to being elected mayor in November 2009, Mayor Henderson served for nine years on City Council.
He is an active community volunteer, currently serving as an advisory board member for Keiser University, the Edison Pageant of Lights, and The Salvation Army. Henderson is a past president of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce and Fort Myers Kiwanis Club and previously served as chairman of the City of Fort Myers Conference and Convention Council. In 2015 Mayor Henderson was named president of the Florida League of Mayors at the organization’s annual business meeting and served 2015-2016.
Mayor Henderson is a private pilot and enjoys flying both for business and personal pleasure and is an avid fisherman. He has been happily married to his wife Ginny for 40 years and has 3 adult children: sons, Marcus, and Alex and daughter-in-law, Carrie, daughter, Laura Fraser and son-in-law, Jay Fraser and two granddaughters: Virginia Ann Fraser and Ellery Andrews Fraser, and enjoys time with his family.
Mayor Henderson is a dedicated public servant with a passion for helping his community and its residents.
Mayor Henderson has been involved in community affairs for years serving on the following boards:
- Director, Fort Myers Flying Club
- Board Member, Florida League of Mayors (third term)
- Member, US Conference of Mayors
- Member, Fort Myers Kiwanis Club
- Member, Lee County Horizon Council
- Member, Uncommon Friends Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Edison Pageant of Light
- Advisory Board Member, Lee County Public School Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Salvation Army
- Keiser University Advisory Board Member
- Fort Myers American Little League, Coach/Manager for 14 years
- Director, Encore Bank
- Director of NCNB National Bank, Fort Myers
- Director of First National Bank of Fort Myers
- Director First Community Bank
- Chairman, Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Chairman, City of Fort Myers Conference and Convention Council
- Past Chairman, Florida League of Mayors
- Director, Florida League of Mayors
- Past President, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Fort Myers Kiwanis Club
- Advisory Board Member, City of Fort Myers Conference and Convention Council
- Advisory Board Member, Edison Community College Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, Mars Hill College
- Nature Center of Fort Myers