Fire Prevention Bureau
The goal of the Fire Prevention Bureau is to enforce fire and life safety codes pertaining to all commercial and multi-family structures to reduce risk and save lives and property. Under the direction of the Fire Marshal, the Bureau also completes fire plan review, fire inspections, fire investigations, and responds to complaints involving fire and life safety hazards received from the public and other agencies.
The Fort Myers Fire Department is now using an all electronic permitting process for fire systems permits. The Mobile Eyes Portal will provide the contractor and the Fire Prevention Bureau a location to receive, review, and issue permits. Any comments, corrections and resubmittals will also flow through the portal. This process update allows a more efficient workflow to ensure our community needs are met.
Log onto the Contractor Portal link below to create and manage your account.
Codes & Policies
- Annual Fire Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Emergency Vehicle Access Control - EVAC (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Registration Ordinance (PDF)
- Fire Lanes and Fire Zones (PDF)
- Fire Prevention Policies (PDF)
- Fire Watch Form (PDF)
- Fireworks Display Checklist (PDF)
- Float Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Flow Test Information (PDF)
- LPG Tanks - Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Outdoor Fires (PDF)
- Tar Kettle Checklist (PDF)
- Wireless and Radio Fire Alarm Monitoring Submittal Requirements (PDF)