The City of Fort Myers recognizes that special events play a significant role in the life of a community. Special events enhance a community by providing recreation, cultural and educational opportunities as well as:

  • Foster a sense of belonging and collective identity among residents
  • Provide economic support for both the not-for-profit and business communities
  • Provide opportunities for the development of tourism

Special Event Permits

Any event, whether a carnival, circus, festival, parade or any other special event that takes place on public property (other than indoor city venues) or require city services or facilities must apply for a Special Event Permit. The fee for Special Event Permit Applications is $50. Events at Centennial Park may have additional and/or special requirements. 

Special Event Permit Application

Events on private property which may require City Services, or any event (regardless of whether it's on private or public property) that has an element that requires an inspection, such as a tent or food truck, may require a Temporary Outdoor Activity Permit. 

Temporary Outdoor Activity Permit

Special Events Handbook

We have assembled a Special Events Handbook to assist organizers, promoters, and producers in successfully planning and producing public events. 

Special Event Handbook

For More Information

The Recreation Division representative will be your primary contact to guide you through the permitting process. You may reach the Special Event Coordinator, during regular business hours at (239) 321-7529 or SpecialEvents@Cityftmyers.com.

  1. Recreation Division

    Physical Address
    1820 Hendry St.
    Fort Myers, FL 33901

    Phone: : 239-321-7530